Complete the AHA Heartsaver Instructor Essentials course and print out the completion certificate to bring to your instructor training session (you must have this certificate submitted to the instructor in order to attend the instructor training session.). Allow at least two hours to complete this course.
Practice, practice, practice your skills! The Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED Instructor Manual contains a skill check-off sheet (pages 39-42) that you will use to evaluate your own students. Skills are explained step by step. Study the skills check list and practice the skills yourself. You can even practice watching a friend performing the skill and check off the steps they have performed correctly as they do the skill. An additional way to practice is by watching the AHA Heartsaver videos.
Read through the entire Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED Instructor Manual.
Read through the entire Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED Student Manual.
Instructors are required to join the AHA Instructor Network at ahainstructornetwork.org
- Candidate must posses a current American Heart Association BLS for HeartSaver Course Completion card.(Candidates must possess a valid AHA Adult, Child, and Infant CPR & AED as well as Heartsaver First Aid).
- Candidate must complete the AHA online "BLS Instructor Essentials" course PRIOR to attending the classroom portion of the course. This is an approximately 2-hour online course. To see the AHA online course schedule, click here: http://www.onlineaha.org/. If you have any questions about this online course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-242-8883 9-5 EST M-F
- Candidate must attend the 8-hour in-person classroom course.
- Candidate must be monitored teaching their first full course within 6 months of attending the classroom portion of the course. There is a monitoring fee.
The Heartsaver Instructor will be eligible to teach the following courses:
- Heartsaver CPR
- Heartsaver AED
- Heartsaver AED with Pediatric CPR
- Heartsaver CPR with AED
- Heartsaver CPR in Schools
- Heartsaver First Aid
Feel free to call us at 334-797-4956, or send a email to email@example.com with your Questions